Rick Brown, Master Instructor
* 6th Dan through the Global HapKiDo Association.
* 1st Dan through World TaeKwonDo Federation.
* 7Th Dan through the Grappling Kickboxing Global Federation.
Appointed to the title of Master through the Global HapKiDo Association and the International HapKiDo Federation
Level B1 G.H.A. Referee through the GHA.
Brandy Brown is a 4th Dan through the Global HapKiDo Association. She has been training since 2003. Her primary instructors was Grand Master Robert Schreiner through Grand Master Hee Kwan Lee's Korean Martial Arts Academy.
Mrs. Brown manages the office and has a passion for teaching lower ranks.
Rick Brown was born June,1971 in Jackson, MI. He grew up a few miles from Somerset Center. In middle school he trained in Tae Kwon Do (taekwondo) with Rick Gregg for a little over one year.
In 1990 he moved to Grand Rapids, MI to attend the National Institute of Technology, he gradated in 1991, in March of 1991 he was employed by the then W.S. Reed, Co as an office Machine Repair Technician.
In 1991 he also started back into Tae Kwon Do. Training under Master Juan Rangel, Rick achieved his 1st degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do /Tang Soo Do through the Pan-Am Tang Soo Do Federation and the World Tae Kwon Do Federation on April 20, 1996. Master Brown started training with Master Rangel in Hap Ki Do in 1993 and stayed with him through 4th Gup, most of Master Rangel's testing's were held at Seinor Grand Master Lee's School in Battle Creek, MI.
Rick was married to Brandy Sheffer in March of 1995 and they have two children: Kaylynn & Connor.
In Feb. 2001 Rick and his family moved to the Pennfield area as part of a job promotion.
It was near this time that he sought out Senior Grand Master Lee and has been with him through summer of 2013 where attained the level of 6th Degree Black Belt Master Instructor in 2017.
On June 6, 2013 the Browns opened their school and began teaching martial arts in Richland.
In Winter of 2020 Master Brown left his job to pursue the school full time.
- 2010 U.S. Open Hap Ki Do Championship - Tournament Coordinator
- 2010 8th Triennial World Hap Ki Do Championships - Referee Coordinator
- 2011 U.S. Open Hap Ki Do Championship - Senior Tournament Coordinator
- 2011 Canadian Open - Senior Event Coordinator (helped coach the Adult Demonstration Team to a Gold Medal victory and the Youth Demonstration team to a Gold Medal victory)
- 2011 Canadian Open - Bronze Medal Weapons Forms (BB Male division)
- 2012 5th Dan Promotion
- 2012 Appointed Master by the I.H.F.
- 2012 World Martial Arts Championship - I.T. Director/Referee (Coached the demo team to a Bronze Medal)
- 2013 Tournament Coordinator KMA Winter Classic Tournament
- June 2013 Founded SaBumNim Martial Arts Academy in Richland Michigan
- July 2014 Global HapKiDo Championships (Kalamazoo, MI) - Referee
- July 2017 Global HapKiDo Championships (Monterrey, MX) - Referee
- July 2017 Global HapKiDo Championships (Monterrey, MX) - Silver Medal (Forms BB men over 35) Global HapKiDo Championships
- September 2017 6th Dan Promotion
- September 2019 Appointed U. S. Referee Director for Global HapKiDo Association
- March 2020 - Presented 7th Dan with the Grappling Kick-Boxing Global Federation
- March 2023 - One of 5 Grand Masters choosen to teach a seminar for Police Cadets at University of the Science of Security UCS, in Monterrey, MX as a part of the "World Masters Seminar".